Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Co-ed Softball

So, last year and this year Dalan has signed me up for co-ed softball. When I say he signed me up, I mean he filled out the paperwork, paid the money and put my ass on the team even though I said I didn't want to play. I wasn't aware I was literally playing til he would say, okay, it's set and here's the schedule. Last year pretty much sucked because I couldn't play to save my life. Well, I couldn't hit the ball out of the damn infield. I did play 2nd base surprisingly well though. However, there were a couple injuries. I was hit in the ribs with a line drive as I was running to 2nd base. After I was hit and squatting on the ground, I hear Dalan yell, "Run, Run, get up and run!" I was ready to full on kick his ass! I had the imprint of the laces on my side and Dalan was proud. I was also hit in the ankle I think. Some people remember this more than I. Being hit in the ribs stands out for me.

So, this year has started out pretty good. Our first game, which was last week, I did pretty good. I was hitting the ball solid and making some plays on 2nd base. Last night we had two games. The first game I was hitting awesome for me. I was really amazed with myself and pretty proud. Then came the 2nd game. My first up to bat I struck out. I had a plan and everything for my next up to bat as I was taking the field to play 2nd base. Then it hit me...literally! Here comes a grounder right to me. I was so happy and thinking, "Okay, I got this." Oh did I get it. The ball was leisurely rolling on the ground and then all of a sudden decided to jump and hit me right in my left cheekbone/eye. It was huge by the time I got back to the dugout which was probably 2 minutes from the time it happened. So, now I have a huge, swollen, black eye. Oh, and did I mention this all happened on my birthday? Yeah, happy birthday to me. I knew it wasn't a good thing to turn 30. I'm taking the kids school shopping today. This should be interesting. I will be the one wearing my sunglasses INSIDE the store....

Cuz I'm cool like that.

SIGH!

No comments: