Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day Of School (08/18/2008)

Yesterday was Trent and Kaela's first day back to school. Everything seemed to go fine. They both said they like their teachers. Kaela wasn't too happy with the teacher she got at the end of last year only because all her friends got another teacher. She was about the only one in her class to get this teacher. How did that happen you ask? Well, here they let you put in a teacher request. I put one in for Trent, but not for her. I didn't know any of the 2nd grade teachers, so I didn't prefer one over the other. Plus, I had never heard anything bad about any of the teachers, so I figured she would be fine with whoever she got. However, I forgot that every other parent out there would be requesting. So, I just told her to be good like she always is, get good grades and we will request for 3rd grade. There is one teacher I have heard people say you don't want your child in her class. So, I will be sure to get that request in ON TIME!

Trent came home telling us that his teacher told him she is only mean when the kids are unprepared. I had to laugh a little. This was his 4th grade teachers biggest....not really complaint, but at parent teacher conference he would always tell us Trent is unprepared. I told him he better get his act together this year or he is in trouble! It's not really anything I can help him with. He needs to figure it out on his own. He is a little bit of a space case sometimes and will just drift away in class I think. I think he might get it from me. I have a short attention span when it comes to school or people lecturing...stuff like that. I just get bored. In fact, I can count quite a few times when I fell asleep in class....but he doesn't need to know that.

1 comment:

kel said...

Cute! I have my first day of school next week. Do your kids go to North or South school? My mom is a teacher for 5th at South. You should totally request her for Trent. I'll put in good words for you.