Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I really thought I might die.....
So, I have been sick since August 14th (no, that's not a mistype) and I am just now starting to feel somewhat better. It all hit me pretty hard. I woke up that morning, went to an appointment I had, came home and I crashed on the couch and just didn't want to move. On the 15th, I didn't...well, couldn't get out of bed. I thought for sure I had the flu, but in the summer? That can't be right. I figured I would tough it out because I should be over it in about a week. Plus, if I went into the doctor, I knew what he would say, "Drink plenty of fluids and get rest." It's just a waste of my time. Well, after about a week and I seriously thought I might die from this...and Dalan harping on me a bit, I reluctantly decided to go into the doctor. I sat there in the freezing office for an hour only to have the doctor tell me, "Drink fluids and get rest." Oh was I pissed! And happy that I was right. I mean, I always am. So, back home I went to claim my spot on the couch. So, two weeks go by and I have a cough that keeps me up all night unless I take Nyquil and I have lost about 12 lbs. So, back into the doctor I go. This time I was actually diagnosed with something. What started out as a virus turned into pneumonia...walking pneumonia. That is something I have never had. So, I was given some antibiotics and should be better just in time to go on our cruise. We leave on September 12th. Talk about good timing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooohhh...I hope you're better for your cruise! And, wait...that's all I have to do to lose 12 pounds? Where do I sign up?
Post a Comment