Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let's catch up!

It was recently brought to my attention by the one person who probably reads this that I haven't blogged....in a long time. So, I guess I should get to it. Plus, it's like a journal I can look back on anyway so I might as try to keep it up. We were so busy this summer which is why I haven't had the time to update. Trent was playing All Star baseball right up until the beginning of July. I really thought it would never end. The heat was unbearable at times. Then there were other issues that I was sick and tired of hearing about so I was done and couldn't wait for it to be done. In fact, I'd often hope for a loss. Sad right? Yeah, it was that bad at times and I'm not talking about the heat of the sun here.

Anyway, on July 5th I headed to Vegas to meet up with my cousins from back east. I was so excited! We walked the strip a few times and the kids were troopers about it. Well, Kaela was. Trent whined but that's a given. It's usually what he does...still...at age 11! During the day we would spend the time at the MGM where my cousins were staying. They had a lazy river pool which the kids LOVED! They had a blast hanging out there. Kaela made friends with my cousins boyfriend and told me, "This is my horse. His name is Oreo McMuffin." Nice. He'll forever be known as Oreo McMuffin to her now. We were supposed to leave Vegas on July 10th but some friends talked me into staying and going to the NKOTB concert with them (I promise I'm not obsessed). Since I was there, I ended up staying til the 12th and attended the show with them on the 11th. It was a fun girls weekend. We met a couple soap opera celebs and saw the Maveriks basketball team walking around the Palms. The concert was, of course, a blast! We always have so much fun at them. I don't know what it is. I think it's just reminiscing about when we were young and hoped that one of them would be our boyfriend. Just memories of our childhood I guess. I didn't sleep for two days straight that weekend. I was running on pure adrenaline. Insane. I really don't know how I made the drive home on the 12th, but I made it home safely.

After Vegas, we were home for about a week and then left on our 2 week road trip. We went to Glacier National Park and then headed over to Washington and Oregon. I really have no desire to go back to GNP ever again...unless I have someone that's willing to hike with me. Unless you are into hiking, GNP has nothing to really offer except for the scenery you see from your car. You have to hike to all the things that are worth seeing and we just weren't into it at the time. We did see a bear on our way out, so that was pretty exciting. From there we headed over to Washington. We saw the Space Needle and ate at the Crab Pot. We like to watch the show Man vs Food. Whenever we go somewhere, we check out that site to see if he has visited any of the restaurants in the state we are heading to. The Crab Pot was one of them. It was delish! While in WA, we also went to see Mt St. Helens. Very interesting spot. I would recommend visiting if you are ever up that way. From WA we went to Oregon. I honestly don't remember what we did there. Oh, Crater Lake! Wow! That's an amazing lake. Something else that is a must see. It's beautiful up there. Just amazing. I have pics on my Facebook page, so if we're Facebook friends, you can check them out. If not, add me :o)

When we got back from the road trip Kaela and I had to pack up and get ready to leave for Girl Scout camp 2 or 3 days later. I know, I told you we were really busy. We had a blast at GS Camp. I often joke with her that the hike was her favorite but it wasn't anyones favorite. It was 2 hours of walking. A lot of it uphill. I'm surprised the girls made it back and was so proud of all of them for being such troopers. When we got back, all the girls just sat in their tents and rested. We also had our lakefront day that day, so it was good for them to be able to go canoe and swim in the lake to cool off.

Let's see....Trent turned 11 on August 13th. WOW! He's growing.....taller :o) Instead of a party, I took him and a friend to 7 peaks. I figured that was easier and he would have more fun doing that. They loved it and had a blast.

The kids went back to school on the 19th I think. Trent is in the Middle School and thinks it's the coolest thing ever. He LOVES having his own locker. So far, he's doing really well. Thank God! I'm hoping that the rest of the school year will be just like this, but we are only a week into it. Kaela is still at the elementary and has Dalan's aunt as her teacher. Kaela was hoping to get her. Since they combined the two elementary schools into one, they both ride the bus now. It's so strange to me. They leave here at 7:15 and I'm left with about 30 minutes where I don't have to worry about taking the kids to school. The same goes for picking them up. They get dropped off at around 3:15. It's extra time in the day that I can use to clean....or play Farmville on Facebook...whichever.

Anyway, that's what has been going on in the last few months. Nothing too spectacular. We've just been pretty busy. Life is just wonderful out here in Utah.

The end.

(Finally)

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's good to hear from you! I know what you mean about neglecting the poor blog! Sounds like an awesome summer, i did hear about some of it on fb. How is the both schools in one workin' out? That is so weird to me!!

kel said...

Yay! Finally! I vote you use that extra 30 minutes to update your blog every day.