For the past month I have been going into the doctor three times a week and I'm being treated like a pin cushion. I've been getting allergy shots. Wait while I Google the exact name of the treatment I'm doing.......Ah-ha...Immunotherapy! They are injecting me with what I'm allergic to (I'm allergic to Delta..no joke) in hopes to increase my tolerance and then I won't have allergies anymore....after about 2 or 3 years. BUT, it's totally worth it...I think. So, I go in three times a week to get a shot. I'll be doing this for another few weeks probably. After that, I'll go in weekly for what will seem like forever I'm sure. Once I'm done, no more allergies for me. I should have a clear nose forever. Allergies pretty much suck and those of you that have them will understand. I've tried all kinds of meds but they all make me tired and groggy right into the next day. I'm just not someone you want to live with when I take them. Even the non-drowsy will make me tired. I was finally sent up to a specialist in June. They gave me 20 shots in my back to pinpoint what I am allergic to. They told me grass (includes hay), oak and ragweed I believe. See, I told you. Delta! I live in the worst possible place. In the city, my allergies don't bother me. When I get close to Delta, they hit me hard. Especially now that I'm on these shots. I'm hoping things will get better and they will go away. If not, it will be a complete waste of time. Not to mention all the times I've been poked. And, that would suck. Wish me luck!
And...as always...
Peace, Love and Sunshine
No comments:
Post a Comment