Trent and Kaela went to school dressed up and ready to scare in their costumes. Actually, Trent..with his mask on is ready to scare. Kaela is too cute to be scared of. I mean, not that Trent isn't cute but...anyway. I must say that I love that they are able to wear their costumes to school because it doesn't make me feel so bad for spending $20-$30 on a costume they will wear once. That may sound cheap but we all know how crappily made these costumes are. They are lucky to make it through one year. This year Kaela is going to be a Punky Pirate. UBER CUTE! I've been trying to get her to be something other than the typical cutesy, girl thing. She is always the fairy or the princess. This is by no means that far off from the fairy or princess costumes. It's still a cutesy kind of costume.
Trent on the other hand is at a difficult age for Halloween I think. We couldn't find anything for him. It seems he is at an age where he is almost too cool for trick or treating but not old enough to just enjoy as an adult. All the costumes for him were Power Rangers and Batman. That kind of stuff. He has been out of that phase of his life for a few years now. The last couple years we have found him a pretty cool costume but this year, no luck. So, he decided to figure something out on his own. He put last years costume (I know, I'm amazed it made it to this year. This one was the exception) together with his football uniform. He looks like some type of swampy, dead football player or something. It works so that's all that matters.
As for me, I was set on not dressing up at all this year. Just wasn't feeling it...until...
A couple weeks ago we went up to Thanksgiving Point to check out Cornbellys. Fun place and we will be going back next year. The kids loved it. If I were hungry enough, I would've gotten a foot long corndog and of course taken a very inappropriate picture of myself..but anyway...I'm off subject. So, while up there we found a Halloween store in Orem by Chilis so we decided to stop in. It was like Christmas for me!!! I freakin love Halloween!!! And scaring Trent with everything in there...it rocked. He scares easily. I know, I'm a horrible mom but it was all in good fun. There were so many cool and fun things in there. Along the back wall they had pictures posted of all the costumes for women. Kaela was checking them out and said, "Mom! You should be number 61. You should be a pirate with me." I walked up and down the aisles for a bit and decided to try on the costume Kaela had picked out. I decided it wasn't too bad and I bought it. We found these pretty cool necklaces to go with our costumes so we will have matching necklaces. I plan on taking pictures of her and I together. Should be cute! Oh..and Dalan..he doesn't dress up but he approved of the costume Kaela picked out for me and can't wait for Halloween :o)
Happy Haunting!
1 comment:
I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment