Yesterday was Trent and Kaela's first day of school. Trent is going into 7th grade and Kaela into 4th. This is Kaela's last year in elementary school and then she goes into the middle school with Trent. I'm not looking forward to this because 5th grade just seems too young to go into the middle school plus she's my baby but I'll make it through I'm sure.
This is Trent's first year switching classes and I was pretty worried about it. I wanted to take him to Back To School Night to do a practice run with him so he would have an idea. However, Back To School Night was Back To School Afternoon. I thought for sure it would be the same time as the elementary but nope, I was wrong. I probably should've read the paper they gave out telling you when exactly it was but who has time for pesky little things like that anyway. At least I got the date right. When Trent got home I immediately ran upstairs to ask how it all went. I thought for sure he would get lost and have a mini freak out in the hallway. Apparently, not so. He was excited about the fact that his homeroom is the only homeroom that gets the big lockers. I guess they took the kids on a tour so he was able to locate his other classes that way. He also really likes ALL of his teachers...for now. I'm guess when the homework starts piling up his feelings might change. He only has one class with one of his best friends. That could be a good thing. I can just see the two of them goofing off. BUT the class he has with him is the class I want Trent to really pay attention in because I want him to come home and teach me....SPANISH! So far, so good for him. I hope this year is much better than last year as far as him staying on top of things.
Kaela didn't want to go to Back To School Night...even though I knew exactly when hers was. She said she didn't care to see her teacher til the first day. Well, okay then. She came home and pretty much gloated about the fact that she was the only one to finish her math worksheets IN class. Go figure. She has always been kind of a teachers pet. I would love to be a fly on a wall in her classroom. Her teachers always talk about what a great student she is and how she always helps others. I cannot picture this girl not being a total goof. She is just a crack up. Last year her issue was getting her homework in. She would either forget to bring it home or forget to hand it in. Hoping this year she stays on top of that.
So, two days of school down and I have no idea how many left til next summer. All I know is Christmas is only 4 months away. Didn't we just celebrate it 4 months ago? No? Hmm...time really needs to not go by so quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment