Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Hidden Gift

Christmas morning Kaela seemed a little bummed out. Like maybe she didn't get something that maybe she may have wanted. I asked her numerous times if something was missing and she said, "I don't know." She wouldn't give in. We went over her list later that night to see what she may have wanted but didn't get. Her birthday is in February so once Christmas passes I'm looking for ideas for her birthday. The only things on her list that she didn't get were a DS game or two, waterproof gloves and she also asked that Trent would get coal. So, nothing on there too major that was a have to have for her. Discussion ended, problem solved? and we didn't talk about it again.

Yesterday while putting a few of the gifts away that were sitting under the tree Kaela found something. I was in the kitchen asking her to bring me a couple things I had found a place for when I heard from the living room, "Mom. Uh...I found a present we didn't open." Me and Dalan, surprised, asked where she found it and then questioned how in the world she missed it. She said it was sitting behind a couple Scentsy boxes I had under the tree and it said it was to her from Santa. She was giggly and seemed pretty excited about it. She brought it into the kitchen where we looked it over and were kind of puzzled. We gave her the go ahead to open it and she was pretty excited to see it was an iPod Touch. Later that night Dalan asked her, "So did you get everything you wanted for Christmas." She said, "No." He asked her what she wanted that she didn't get. She referred him to the list that her and I went over Christmas night.

No comments: