Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It Wasn't Me

On New Years Eve we attended the annual NYE celebration at the Palladium. In the gym of the high school they have a blow up slide and a bunch of kids games. Ya know, like fish the duck out of a bucket of water. Or throw a hoop over a bowling pin. Those types of games. The kids run around to each station and get their card marked off. They then take it to the prize table where they get a bunch of NYE crap like hats, 2011 glasses, necklaces....the stuff that ends up in the garbage the next day. Anyway, it was a pretty nice night. We saw a couple high school friends and Dalan chatted away. At 7:45 PM we went to the Palladium to watch the comedian/magician. I had high hopes for this guy. I thought for sure this would be something fun. Chrissy and I were right when we said earlier, "It's Delta. How great can it be?" If I had tomatoes with me, I may have thrown one. The guy was older and not so funny. I couldn't hardly pay attention because my 3 year old nephew was more entertaining than this guy. Maybe he was more for the younger audience. Like elementary school kids. And honestly, I could hardly hear him. It took me forever to "get" his jokes. I'm slow. It's gotta be obvious for me to get it immediately and even then I sometimes won't get the joke til the next day. Dalan loves to brag to people about this. After he finished up I realized I hadn't seen Kaela in awhile and thought she must still be over in the gym at the high school so off I went to check on her. I spot her on the huge blow up slide hanging out at the top. When she comes down I approach her to ask her if she's having fun. But wait. Um...what's that smell?....EW! So, I ask Kaela, "Did you fart?" To which she replies no! Oh..k...it stinks...bad! So, I tell her that I will be in the Palladium if she needs anything and to come over when she's done. I turn around and as I'm walking off, someone else walks up to the same spot I was standing in...and it still kind of smelled. She kind of looked at me as I walked off which left me wondering did she think it was me who cut the cheese? I swear it wasn't. It very well could have been one of the kids on the slide or in line. They drop 'em anywhere, anytime. They don't care. I know this from subbing. After I knew Kaela was fine we headed back over to watch Charlie Jenkins perform. Once he was finished we headed out to my sisters for snacks and to watch the ball drop in New York. That was my NYE. The incident by the blow up slide just may have been the highlight of it. Oh joy.

No comments: