We left on Thursday to head down to Richfield for an All Star Tournament on Friday and Saturday. They had two games, back to back, on Friday. They lost both. They are hitters, but they really need to work on fielding. On Saturday, we had one game. The team we played was AMAZING! They killed us. We were up to bat first and scored two runs. I thought, great, we are off to a great start. Dalan kept saying these kids are probably pretty good and we would lose. I thought, "They are 9! How good could they possibly be?" Oh my gosh! Was I in for a surprise. We sat in the 1st inning for an hour! Yes, an hour! We had so many errors it was ridiculous and our pitchers were off...way off. I don't really think any of that would have mattered anyway. We still would've gotten our trash kicked. These coaches were hard core and very into it. If those kids messed up, they heard about it. I also found out that some of these teams have been together for months. We have only been a team for two weeks. The final score for that game was 25-2. The kids were all frustrated and pretty much gave up. I think it will be a lessoned learned. They see what they are up against now and will hopefully practice harder.
Anyway, the trip wasn't a complete bummer, we decided to take the fifth wheel down and stay at a KOA. That's the way to go if you ask me. The kids had a blast swimming and they had a mini golf course. Nothing extravagant, but we had a good time on it. There were a few other people from Delta staying there too as well as people from other teams. So, there were kids EVERYWHERE! All in all, it was a good trip and so nice to get away. I love when we can get away from Delta and do something..anything. We should have another tournament pretty soon. Hopefully they play a little better. It just sucks for them to lose!
No comments:
Post a Comment