Friday, June 27, 2008

I have a new name for our nightmare house....

MONEY PIT!!!! Everytime I turn around something is broken, breaks or just flat out needs replaced. I have about had it. Things cost money and I have come to find out that things cost A LOT of money. It also adds up very quickly. We are officially moved into the money pit now. I must say, I am relieved and it's nice to have the extra room. Living in a home that is smaller than a small apartment is pretty hard. Especially when you have two kids. It was beginning to get hard finding places for all of our crap. Now, we have the unfortunate task of going through storage. I suggest we do it quick because right now, I'm ready to just throw things away...or give them away...or sell them. Also, as I fix up this house and see that it really isn't all that bad and can be a pretty nice home, I wonder how people can live in the filth that they do. This is the third home we have lived in that was previously owned and it is interesting to see how other people live. People can be so dirty and just so lazy and never clean. It absolutely amazes me. I'm not one who runs around my house and sings show tunes and loves to clean and have everything spic and span, but I do like my home to be presentable and livable if possible. I have found that when it comes to bathrooms, people don't keep them very clean. I can't stand a dirty bathroom. AND, it sucks cleaning up after someone you don't even know.

Anyway, this weekend we are off to another All Star Tournament. It will be our last for the year, whew! I would say now I can start laying around and just enjoying the summer, but I will be painting and working on my money pit. Oh the joys of owning a home that just isn't quite move in ready. (SIGH!)

No comments: