Sunday, February 15, 2009

Look what came in the mail Friday.....

We left for State Wrestles Friday right when the kids got out of school. Before we left I was so excited to find this sitting by my door....



MY SUPERBOWL GEAR!!! YAY! It was my early Valentines present to myself. I've been anxiously awaiting for this all to arrive so I'm glad it finally got here. Trent loves his hat and wore that with a pullover he already had up to State. The excitement will never wear off. Not for at least another 6 months or so. I still wish I was back in PA for the celebration. It would've been nice to be there for it. Plus, it was just another excuse to get back there and visit. I love that state and how could I not. It is where my life began.

State Wrestles was okay. I really don't get into it and pretty much stare blankly at the mats. My brother in law was beat out early :o( so there was really no one I personally knew wrestling. Delta did take State so that's cool! Early Saturday morning I had taken the kids to the lobby to get breakfast. Trent wore his Superbowl hat down. There was a guy who said, "How can you let your son wear a Pittsburgh hat?" I replied with, "Uh, I'm from there!" He kinda just said, "Oh." He then went onto to say he's a Cowboys fan and said something else and I said, "Yeah, look who won the Superbowl though." It's so funny how people can just say random comments. It was all in good fun I'm sure but geesh, why say that in front of a kid. I'm proud my kids are Steelers fans. Then later that night we were eating dinner and a guy walks in and sees Dalan's shirt and says, "Steelers? You guys!" I just laughed. It's kinda funny how people hate on them and then you can run into people who are fans and will have a conversation with you like they've known you for years.

Anyway, hope you all had a great Valentines Day. I personally am over it and don't care too much for the holiday. I don't need a holiday to remind me to tell the people in my life that I love them.
So, to end this.....GO STEELERS! I can't wait for football season to start again.

2 comments:

kel said...

What? No jersey for the damn dog? Freaking gloaters.

Sandy said...

You are the third person to say that about the dog. When I got her I promised Dalan I wouldn't dress her. She wasn't supposed to be in the picture. Kaela insisted and of course, the "damn dog" was going in to lick me right as this was taken.

Oh, and I was waiting for you to comment on this. Yes, again, you are THAT predictable.