No wait! I shouldn't start out like that. I am going to try to start thinking positively from now on. Ya know, have a better attitude about life and all that great stuff. It all started with this quote that I found not even 1/2 an hour ago.
"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results." ~Anon
It hasn't even been 1/2 an hour since I came upon this new revelation (that word doesn't sound right) so I will let ya know how it goes later on.
Anyway, I really am just at a loss as to what to talk about here. It doesn't seem like much has been going on, but I've been busy. Dalan was out of town, again, for two weeks. While gone, a few furry, disease carrying friends found their way into the house. I was serious when I said the mice are trying to kill me. One morning while making breakfast, one ran right in front of my feet. Yeah, my reaction was awesome! I freaked, screamed, jumped up and down and couldn't move. Kaela is watching me from the other side of the counter wondering what in the world is going on. So, my dad comes over and sets some traps and I set out a glue trap. We ended up catching three mice. UGH! Me, being the paranoid person I am, would not sleep in our room while Dalan was gone. I chose to sleep on the couch downstairs with the lights on. When Dalan got back, he sealed up the problem area and we found a stash of plastic bags and socks under one of our drawers in the kitchen. Not from me and I'm assuming the mice couldn't have drug it there. No possible way. I'm thinking the previous owners must of done it and when we cleaned out this place, we somehow missed it. So, as of now I haven't seen any other signs of the stupid things and I'm hoping it stays that way. Dalan seems to think they will just find another way.
Hmm...Kaela had a dance competition on the 21st. All the girls from the dance company Kaela goes to did very well. It was so much fun watching her dance. It was a long day but a pretty exciting one. I, unfortunately, wore the wrong shoes. I really wasn't going for comfort when I wore them. I just thought they were cute. I paid for it every time I got up and walked somewhere.
Anyway, that's about it for now. I have made a couple really good things for dinner the last couple nights. I know I said I would try to post recipes and I've totally slacked. So, I will post them tomorrow.
Hopefully :o)
2 comments:
I hear ya on the boring, but busy life comment. I've had trouble thinking of stuff to say on my blog, too! We've had mice in our other house a few times. NOT FUN!!! EWWWW!!! Not in this house, though, knock on wood!
This is just a old house. I think it was put here in the 80's or 90's, so it's not too old. It really wasn't taken care of though, so there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Some things we may never get to, like replacing the siding, because hopefully the market will change, we will sell our CA house, this house and build. The roof also needs to be replaced and the WHOLE house needs painted. I've got half done and what a difference. The house had all white, dirty looking walls. It could be a really nice and cute house, but it's going to take a ton of work. More work and money than what I want to put into it for it only being temporary.
Post a Comment