The holidays kept me busy this year. It seemed like I was always doing something and just didn't have time for that other thing. I absolutely had no motivation whatsoever to buy gifts for anyone. It was just one of those years. Even I didn't care one bit if I even got one gift but I have great friends, a great hubby and a great family who makes sure I'm taken care of. In fact, I flat out told Dalan that I did not want anything and to not buy me a gift. I am not one of those girls who says don't buy me anything and as I'm saying it I'm thinking, "I'll never let him live this down if he really doesn't buy me something." No, I meant it. As Christmas got closer though and I realized he was going to get me something I just told him that either Rachael Ray pots and pans or a Dyson vacuum (I got both) would be great. I for sure didn't want jewelry (I have enough of it) and figured if he was going to get me something, it might as well be something I can use. I've been wanting the pots and pans for years but would never buy them. My in laws got me the vacuum which I love!! I've never vacuumed so much in my life!!!
....Vacuum now sounds like a really stupid word. Okay...back to blogging...
The kids had a great Christmas!!! They woke us up at 1 AM. I swear I heard the the prancing and pawing of each reindeers hoof and then the sleigh take off of our roof. We told them to go back to bed and they came back in at 3 AM..ugh! Finally at 4 AM, I told Dalan we HAD to get up. They just wouldn't let up. They went through their stockings first and they both got digital cameras. Both cameras had already had pictures on their memory. I guess Santa was having some fun with them. They both smiled and thought it was funny. They each had a picture of themselves asleep on their cameras and Santa left candy canes on their pillows. After the stockings they tore into the presents. A Remote Control Car. Wii games. Littlest Pet Shops GALORE! Clothes from Justice. A Steelers beanbag chair. Flick Trix....and more. They both had a great Christmas. Once we were done opening gifts we got ready and headed over to my in laws to visit and have breakfast. More gifts were waiting for the kids and my vacuum was there. Dalan and I share the vacuum but guess who gets to have all the fun and use it? Yep...me. We hung out til noon there and then headed to my parents for dinner. Again, more gifts. Dalan got his most favorite thing so far...a remote control helicopter. Ya know those ones you see them flying in the malls? Yep, that's the one. He got that from my parents and has not tired of it yet. I got a cookbook and a recipe book. My sister gave me an electric blanket and that thing is freakin awesome! LOVE IT! After all that we came home and relaxed and just enjoyed what was left of the day. The kids played with all their new stuff and life.was.good.
Jump to New Years Eve. We went to the High School for Delta's little NYE party for the kids. They get 4 of those blow up bouncy/slide things and put them in the gym. The kids just run wild in there. When they announced parents could play too, my sister, her friend and me jumped up and went for the slide. My elbow now hates me for this. As I was going down, my elbow rubbed on the slide and took the skin right off. It happens. My sister did the same thing. It burned like hell! I will never go down one of those things without a long sleeve shirt or at least just putting my hands up in the air. Once the kids were done with that we headed over to Bill and Chrissys to hang out. Pretty much just ate junk food and played the Wii. Nothing too exciting. Once the ball dropped, we headed home.
HAPPY 2010!!!
I did not make any resolutions and really I never do. I just think they are stupid and people never stick to them. The only thing I'm going to try to do...and I say this all the time...is try to enjoy every moment to the very fullest. You can be pulled out of this life just as quickly as you are put into it. The other thing I've been saying since the kids have been on winter break is get back into my workout routine. I really got away from it when the kids were out of school and I could see all my progress melting away. Now that they are back in school I'm going at it full force. I started yesterday and I'm about to go and get my workout in for today.
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season! I know we did. I am now looking forward to what 2010 has in store for us. I'm sure it's going to be just as memorable as 2009. Love you all!
Peace, Love and Sunshine :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment