Moving on because really there are just more important things in life than a lost DSi (move on Sandy). Today is September 11th. On this day 9 years ago I think Alan Jackson may have put it best, the world stopped turning. For one moment everyone was watching the same thing happen. Whether we were on the couch in front of the tv or on the streets of NYC. I can remember that day like it was yesterday. In fact, I can remember every night weeks after trying to go to sleep and just not being able to do so without thinking of all those poor families. The children who were on the planes. That killed me the most. It took...and still takes me to a place where I'm thinking, "What if I were on that plane with my kids?" What do you say to them. Or do you say anything at all and just sit there and hold them knowing that this is it. The thought of going through something like that is a complete nightmare. It's amazing how the country pulled through such a tragedy. People were friendlier and willing to help one another. That scene has slowly disappeared and everyone is back to the way things were before 9/11. Sad really. I always think back to that day and will never forget it. Ever.
I really want to say that I am so very appreciative to those who have chosen to make the ultimate sacrifice. To those who are away from their families. To those who don't always have a soft place to rest, if they get even get to rest at all. Thank you to the men and women who serve in our military. What you do to protect those here in the USA is greatly appreciated. We, as a country, could probably never show you just how much. You are the real heroes of our time.
September 11, 2001
NEVER FORGET
No comments:
Post a Comment