Tuesday, September 21, 2010

She is growing up way too fast.

Kaela is only nine years old and will be 10 in February but sometimes it feels like nine years old going on teenager. This year is her first year she has decided she is going to do her own hair....for school. Oy! She did her own hair all throughout the summer and it killed me. It killed me because it wasn't perfect and her go to hair do was simply a ponytail. She has gotten a little more creative with it since then. I'm excited that she will wear the flower clips in her hair now. I always ask if I can help her a little or tell her that if she tells me how she wants it I will do it exactly that way. Nope. Nothing. She wants to do it on her own. Sometimes she will let me smooth it out for her or tame the flyaways. She's not too good with the hairspray bottle. I guess her doing her own hair is not totally a bad thing because there is no boredom for her as she sits there and waits for me to do it for her. It relieves some stress for me because it's one less thing I need to do in the morning. It's just hard because as a mom you want your daughter to have the perfect hair. All girly and cute. But I can't sit here and hold her hand forever. Especially when she is the one who is stepping up and wanting to do it and I'm not standing here having to push her. I need to let her grow up. I need to let her be her own person. I need to let her have her own style. So, in a way, I'm kind of over the whole thing and just leave it alone. But, I still have my days where my heart breaks and I still offer to help her out. All because I'm not ready for her to grow up....yet.

No comments: