When you are a child you are in your learning and discovering stage. You are pushing limits and trying to see what you can and can't get away with. As you approach your teen years you think you know it all. Somewhere in your 20's you find out you actually know nothing. And now...at least for me...I think I'm slowly figuring it out.
I used to want. I thought I had good friends. I still want but feel more fulfilled. Somewhere along the line I found better friends. Great friends! I'm always laughing when I'm with them. And sometimes even when I'm not. I found someone who is an inspiration to me. The last two or three years have come to be some of the best years of my life. I've gotten out. I've done things I never thought I would ever do. I have had new experiences. I smile more. I laugh more. I dance more. I let go more. I see an opportunity and I try my hardest to grasp it. Nothing is ever too far out of reach. If you want it, make it happen. One of my worries a couple years ago was that I did not want to be dying and lying there wondering, "What did I do with my life!?!" I can say without a doubt that I will not be wondering that when the time comes. Things have changed. Even though there are things that haven't gone exactly how I wanted them to, the things that have gone right definitely outweigh the things that didn't. Everything happens for a reason. I truly believe that. And good things definitely come to those who wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment