Ahhh...I love Christmas. It's so nice that everyone is in the giving mood this time of year. I love it! I say every year, "Throughout the year I'm doing something special and donating it somewhere for Christmas." Then I never get around to it. Who knows, 2009 just might be the year I get around to it. We'll see.
Back to Christmas. We had a great Christmas. Trent woke us up at 3:30 AM and again at 4:00 AM. We crawled out of bed and unwrapped gifts as Santa was lifting off of our house. It was that early. Both kids were fairly warned that if I got up that early they better be on their best behavior ALL DAY because I couldn't promise I would be all that cheery. You see, I couldn't sleep that night. I was just too excited. I may have gotten an hour and a half of sleep. That's it. So, for Christmas Trent got a new gun, a few books, a couple Steelers figurines for his room and these Funkeys which are technically supposed to be shared with Kaela. Kaela got a purple Ipod, a Littlest Pet Shop playset, a necklace and earrings with her birthstone in them, a movie and a picture Trent drew of her. I got a Victorias Secret gift card (YAY) and a new Ipod (that I really didn't need) but I took it anyway. Dalan got a Utes blanket I tied for him. Nothing great but everything he wants I won't buy because I know nothing about it. So, we got dressed after all this craziness and headed to Dalan's parents house at about 6:45 AM and THEY WERE UP and already had their Christmas. They just had Kelli and Drex and Darin. So, we opened a couple gifts there and then headed to my parents where we opened more gifts. My mom and I made Prime Rib, which turned out awesome! It was the best Prime Rib I had ever had. After that, we headed back to Dalan's parents because Kristy had come down. Basically, our Christmas was spent running from house to house. Not too much fun for the kids. I know this because I heard nothing but whining to go home so they could play the new Wii. Yes, we finally got a Wii and I LOVE it! We also bought Guitar Hero, my favorite game. I love that game.
So, now we are getting ready to celebrate a new year. 2008 has been pretty good to me. I really can't complain. I really don't see 2009 being much better. How can it be? I'm really hoping that it comes close to being the best. Besides, life is what you make it, right? I'm just amazed at how time is flying by so quickly. I can't believe Trent will be in middle school next year. Kaela is going to be 8 in February. It's so sad but I have loved every second I have had with them. They are good kids for the most part and I'm probably pretty lucky to have them. One of these days I will look back and think, "Where in the world did the time go?" as Dalan is walking our baby girl down the aisle.
2 comments:
What is it w/ everyone on Christmas having to run to everyone's houses?
Yeah, I know. Honestly, we just go for the gifts that are awaiting us and then get stuck there for hours...kidding...or am I?
Post a Comment