Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008

So, wow! Obama, huh? Totally expected, but not who I voted for. I don't view myself as either a democrat or a republican even though I'm a registered republican. When I am choosing who to vote for, I try to find the person who's views are close to mine. Could possibly be a democrat, but it rarely is not. I've heard and read a number of things about Obama that really do worry me. I really don't know what his plan is for our country and sometimes I wonder if he even knows. Either way, I really do hope it is a step in the right direction and things don't turn out as bad as people think they will with him being our new president. I certainly hope it doesn't come back to haunt us and then in 4 years there is yet another mess to fix. I do have to say I do not like how he won the election. Too many people out there voted for him for the wrong reasons. Too many people registered to vote for the wrong reasons. Those people should have never been handed a ballot and not just because they voted for someone I didn't. I believe if you are going to vote, you better know what in the hell you are voting for. I know it's your right but don't take advantage of it. I'm sure this fact applies to both candidates, but I think it applies more to Obama. I'm going to try and not judge until he proves something of himself. A few people I know are short of freaking out. Why? What are you going to do about it? What is done, is done. He won, that's it. Congrats and please don't screw up. It was done fairly, well as fairly as politics gets because lets face it, no matter what side you are on, they all lie, cheat and steal. It is what they do best. To me, they aren't people. I don't think any one of them is genuine, but they are in a tough spot and have the job of trying to make everyone happy, which is impossible. A lot of people say they are worried. I'm not yet. I think I have too many things to worry about right now (like the mouse in my pantry I can't catch with the two traps I have set up) let alone worry about what is going to happen months from now. I figure wait and worry about it then and even then, what are you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing. The majority of America voted for him. They wanted "change", which is fine as long as it is "change" for the good.

So, aside from that, I am sick of reading all the trash talking about Sarah Palin. Okay, so you don't like her, fine. You are entitled to your opinion, so state your opinion with some class. I like to know what other people think, but it is always nice to read a post that sounds like it is from someone who graduated high school. I am so sick of reading people posting that Sarah Palin is not smart and in their post they have misspelled words and their grammer isn't up to par. Yeah, who's not smart now? I cannot stand when grown adults cannot spell a word correctly. I mean, come on folks. Dictionary.com is only a click away. I don't know why people feel the need to get on the internet and just post nasty, snide remarks. People need to grow up. I know if Obama lost, I wouldn't be on there talking trash about him or his family. You don't kick a person when they are down. It's wrong. It is sick to read how people are extending their hate to the candidates families. What a sick world this is. I really do feel bad for my kids.

Anyway, here's to hoping the next 4 years will be the best 4 years in a long time. It is way overdue.