Monday, November 2, 2009
And people wonder why their kids are so lazy.
While walking around with the kids while they were trick or treating I was amazed at how many parents were in their cars and following their kids as they walked door to door. Are you kidding me? And then there were those who would park at one end of the block and make that round then go back to the car and drive to the next block and park. I was also surprised to see a parent asleep in their vehicle at the park. I'm assuming his kids were making the rounds and he decided this was the perfect opp to catch some z's. WOW! How times have changed. I can remember going trick or treating when I was Trent's age and living in SoCal. There was a big group of us who would go together. We would hit up our neighborhood, go home, empty out our bags and then walk over to the neighborhood that was next to us and get more candy. Kids lack enthusiasm these days. When I was younger, I would've stayed out all night as long as someones porch light was on and they were giving out free candy. I mean FREE CANDY!!! That's a kids dream right there and that dream only happens once a year. You would think these kids would want to take full advantage of it. Our kids didn't even get their bags halfway full. So, you know what that means...slim pickings for me and really that sucks. One of the best parts of being a parent is being able to go through the candy stash and take your favorites and them not even realize you have done so. It just amazes me how lazy kids are anymore and really why shouldn't they be. With all the technology and game systems we have these days, why would you go outside and play. Being outside was all I ever wanted to do as a kid. I wanted to be hanging out with the neighborhood kids and playing games in the street. Those were good times and really, I can't say that I would ever want to grow up during another time. I feel for the kids now and it sucks what they have to deal with. So, anyway, parents, for the love of God, set an example for your kids and let's not be THAT lazy. I made the walk with Kaela in high heeled boots. I'm sure you can do it in a pair of sweats and some sneakers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment