Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Christmas Carol

Can someone tell me when Disney went from this:
















To this:











I took the kids to see A Christmas Carol in 3D on Sunday. The movie was good but was not at all what I expected. I grew up watching the sweet and cute version with Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge McDuck. This years version is not even close to sweet and cute. More like just a little scary. Trent had warned me there were a few scary parts. He had gone to see it with his friend on Friday night. Trent scares really easily so I just brushed it off. It's Disney. How scary could it possibly be? The movie wasn't too bad until Scrooge goes home and is trying to get into his house and then the ghosts come. I probably jumped out of my seat a couple times and there were a few times Kaela was curled up in a ball. I kept asking if she was okay and she kept saying yes. There was one part where I literally jumped and then said, "Oh my God!" Freaked me out!!! Trent jumped too and he knew it was coming. The story itself is a good one but for kids, I think it would be hard to get past the darkness of the movie and the two ghosts who were pretty creepy in order to fully understand the point of the movie. Maybe they wouldn't get it anyway. I'm going to try to find the Mickey version of this and have them watch it. The movie is a good movie and you should go see it. However, I recommend possibly watching it yourself before taking your kids to it. Depending on your child, they could quite possibly have nightmares from it. So, just sending a kind warning your way.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for the heads up, Sandy! Max is afraid of a lot of things too, and this movie would probably FREAK him out!