Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This Is It

I went up to SLC to have lunch with some friends and then we went to see Michael Jacksons This Is It. There was a whopping 8 people in the theater. I really can't decide what I think of the man himself. I mean, if allegations are true, I am personally not a fan of him but I do enjoy his music. He was what I listened to growing up...along with New Kids On The Block. I still to this day remember our last night in California before we moved here when I was in 8th grade. We had gone up to a family friends house to say goodbye and to watch the *BRAND NEW* Michael Jackson video....Black Or White. This video was a big deal back then. The morphing of faces was technology at it's best in those days. When you look at what they do now with videos, the morphing is hardly impressive but back then, it was so cool! I will never forget that night...ever. It also happened to be the night the Bart Simpson also debuted his music video but anyway.....

The This Is It movie was interesting. It was all the video taken at rehearsals that was to be a part of Michaels personal library. It gave you an idea of what this concert was going to be and it looked like it was going to be spectacular!! It's too bad that we will never see the finished product. I kept saying throughout the whole thing, "How amazing would this have been if we could've seen the whole thing put together?" The man knew what he was doing and he was doing what he did best and that's being a performer. Think what you will about him but you cannot deny that he was an amazing performer. At 50 years old he kept up with his much younger dancers. This amazed me! He still moved like he was 20. The Thriller performance looked like it would have been a pretty cool performance. I have never said wow so many times throughout a movie. The amount of work and thought that was put into this production is just crazy and to not have anyone see the final product is just crappy but this is the next best thing I guess.

I would recommend seeing it. If you aren't a fan of the music and/or him, then I would say pass. Some of his songs I listen to now and hear his message. When I was younger, it was just a song. I never understood what Man In The Mirror was about til right after he died and I was really listening to the words. Its always been a favorite song of mine even when I was a kid. But now, it's a favorite song for a whole other reason.

RIP Michael...I know you are somewhere gettin your moonwalk on :o)

Peace....Love....and Sunshine

No comments: